Successful annual kick-off in Vienna
National Secretaries of the IUCAB member associations met at the IUCAB HQ in Vienna, Austria on 18th January 2019.
The meeting was hosted by the IUCAB President, Mr. Olivier Mazoyer and IUCAB Secretary General, Mr. Christian Rebernig.
Mr. Rebernig gave an overview regarding the IUCAB B2B Platform, communication tools and current projects, closer cooperation with manufacturers associations and lobbying by the IUCAB.
Five guest speakers were invited to give presentations in topics such as:
• general economic overview (by Christoph Schneider, Director of the Economic Department, WKO)
• current trade issues incl. EuroCommerce (by Roman Seeliger, Deputy Director of the Trade Division, WKO)
• SMEunited, the voice of SMEs in Europe (by Marlene Lales, EU department, WKO)
• ICC Austria | Its main tasks and activities relevant for Commercial Agents (by Angelika Zoder, Legal Advisor, ICC Austria)
• Communication process (by Gerhard Kroell, CEO Agency Madison).
The secretaries appreciated very much the input and the given insight into the presented topics.
Exchange of ideas and suggestions to support the agents’ profession were discussed.
By the end of the SWG Meeting, the participants were given new impressions and perspectives for their national associations.
The next SWG meeting will take place on 17th January 2020 in Dublin, Ireland and will be hosted by MAA.