IUCAB 62nd Annual Delegates Meeting & Congress
Delegates, legal advisors and national secretaries from IUCAB Member Associations came together in Warsaw, Poland from 14-15th May 2015. On 16th May 2015 the IUCAB Congress was held.
- National secretaries and legal advisors assembled on 14 May 2015. The Legal Working Group discussed the position of the sub-agent and the secretaries discussed amongst other, marketing tools and which services can be provided to the members.
- The Delegates meeting accepted a new contribution system as of 2016 and the meeting provided to the Expert Groups the opportunity to give presentations and to report on new ideas on marketing, communication, training and European funds.
- President Olivier Mazoyer held a presentation on the future and targets of IUCAB. IUCAB wants to be more recognisable and in order not to only existing members but also to attract new members extra attention will be spent on the development of the IUCAB Network and social media. New parties will be approached; a meeting has been set up in June 2015 with the ICC.
- The Secretarial Working Group is involved in the Refit-Programme, the come-into-contact project, the IUCAB Survey, IUCAB Newsletter, e-mail campaigns, social media, face book and strategy plans.
- The George Hayward Award was won by Mr. Xavier Mailfert, director and owner of Prodium.
- IUCAB wants to be more recognisable not to only existing members but also to attract new members extra attention will be spent on the development of the IUCAB Network and social media. New parties will be approached; a meeting has been set up in June 2015 with the ICC.
- Vice President Elections: Mr. Axel Sturmberger has taken over from Mr. Walter Krammer. Mr. Walter Krammer served IUCAB for more than over 20 years! Mr. Mazoyer and Mr. Paul Holtrop, IUCAB Secretary General, thanked him for all the work he has done for IUCAB. Mr. Ralf Scholz and Mr. Enrich Enrech were elected for a new 3-years term.
- Social Media: Mrs. Helena Waker (Expert Group Communication) encouraged all members to join both face book and the LinkedIn group in order to create more discussion about new ideas.
- Mr. Ralf Scholz explained why marketing activities are very important for IUCAB. All information about the platform can be found in the handbook on the IUCAB website.
- Mr. Jacques Deletang, Chairman IUCAB Expert Group “Training” is preparing a short practical training and has sent a training questionnaire to all member associations.
- The IUCAB Congress was held on 15 May 2015. Presentations were given by:
- Mr. Andrzej Arendarski, President Polish Chamber of Commerce
- Mrs. Olga Sztejnert-Roszak about the Polish commercial agency law
- Mr. Michael Svendsen about agency contracts
- Mrs. Nathalie Lorrain about when Eastern Europe meets Western Europe
- Mrs. Anne Applebaum about the Polish XXth Century History
- Delegates meeting 2016 will be held in Malaga, Spain.