IUCAB Executive Committee meeting in Oslo
The ExCom members came together on 13th March 2015 in Oslo and the meeting was hosted by Virke, the Enterprise Federation of Norway. Virke was represented by its Director Trade, Mr. David Angell.
The meeting was attended by Mr. Olivier Mazoyer, President of IUCAB and Vice Presidents Mr. Ralf Scholz from Germany, Mr. Walter Krammer from Austria, Mr. Enric Enrech from Spain, Mr. David Johnson from the United Kingdom, Mr. Carlo Tabellini from Italy, Mr. Ole Kristian Bull from Norway and Mr. Paul Holtrop, IUCAB Secretary General. Also present were Mr. Jordi Marti from Spain on behalf of the Consejo General de Agentes Comerciales de España (CGAC) and Mr. Axel Sturmberger from the Austrian IUCAB Member WKO.
Amongst other, the following matters have been discussed:
- ExCom wants to introduce to the IUCAB Members a new contribution system which will be presented at the Annual Delegates Meeting on 14th May 2015 in Warsaw, Poland. A new system will have consequences for the IUCAB Charter.
- New elections will be held at the upcoming Delegates Meeting; the terms of Vice President Mr. Krammer, Mr. Enrech and Mr. Scholz will expire. Mr. Enrech and Mr. Scholz will be available for a new term of office.
- An update about the discussion of the Directive on commercial agents. In November 2014 the Consultation about the maintenance of the Directive was closed. The European Commission wants to have extra data from principal organisations and the UK. ExCom expects that the final report of the Commission will be presented in July 2015.
- The results of the IUCAB Platform were discussed. The information of the Database of Members must be up to date in order to have more advertisements. The Expert Groups of IUCAB must inform the manufacturer organisations about the existence of the Platform.
- Several marketing- and communication possibilities were discussed. IUCAB wants to be more visible.
- Next Delegates Meeting will be held in Warsaw, Poland and will take place on 14th, 15th and 16th May 2015. Next to the meeting, a Congress will be held on the 15th of May.
- Next ExCom Meeting will be held on 23rd October 2015.