IUCAB Executive Committee meets in St. Albans
The Members of the Executive Committee (ExCom) of IUCAB came together in St. Albans, United Kingdom, on 21st March 2014 for their spring meeting. This meeting was hosted by the Manufacturers’ Agents’ Association (MAA) and represented by Mr. David Johnson and former IUCAB Vice President Mr. Paul Wakeling.
The meeting was attended by IUCAB President Mr. Kriton Phitidis from Cyprus, and Vice Presidents Mr. Jan Björnum from Sweden, Mr. Olivier Mazoyer from France, Mr. Ralf Scholz from Germany, Mr. Enric Enrech from Spain, Mr. David Johnson from the UK and the Interim Secretary General Mr. Paul Holtrop from The Netherlands. Also present were Secretary General Mr. Jaap van Till from The Netherlands as well as Mr. Ole Bull from Norway as observer and Mr. Jordi Marti from Spain as guest.
The main topics were:
- The activities of IUCAB and its Members concerning the evaluation on the Directive on Commercial Agents;
- reports collected until now in order to determine the position of the commercial agent were discussed as well as the steps to be taken in the near future.
- Structuring the vision of IUCAB and its activities were discussed and the role of each Vice President. New elections will be held at the upcoming Delegates Meeting. The terms of Vice Presidents, Mr. Jan Björnum and Mr. Mazoyer will expire. The term of President Mr. Phitidis will also expire.
- Next Annual Delegates Meeting will be hosted by the IUCAB Slovenian Member Association; the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia and will take place on 12th, 13th and 14th June 2014.
- The progress of the IUCAB Database www.come-into-contact.com was discussed and the main issue was “how to inform manufacturers and how to increase the number of advertisements”.
- The Annual Delegates Meeting 2015 could be held in Istanbul, Turkey, but it was agreed that the final decision will be made later on this year.